Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ellyn Mae


Little Ellyn came to us early April 24th. That was the date we wanted her to come and she so dutifully obeyed her parents. We were in Alaska a year ago and Jarad asked me to marry him. It's a special date for two reasons now. We are so happy to have her in our home and in our lives. She is so precious and absolutely adorable.

This is right after she was born. She looks like she just went through a lot. And heaven knows and those at the birth know that she did. Birth is an amazing experience, but not the easiest thing for the two main players. She weighs 6 lbs. 14 oz. and is 20 in. long.


The rest of them are random takes of her first week. It's amazing how much you can love someone.












8 comments:

hosander said...

yay! I've been waiting for this post

JethRobyn said...

YEA!!! Me too, so soso so sososososososososososososo excited. She's beautiful.

Jancisco said...

She is adorable! I love that she already smiles (or at least you caught her with a smile-like face) either way, totally precious.

I'm glad everything went well. I had a bad dream about it, but it obviously foretold nothing.

Kimber said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful, just like her mama. I love the picture with the birth day cake. Please share your birth story with me someday. I love you. We are thrilled for you and I'm all teary...

Southern Belle said...

She is a cutie! I hope all is going well. What a princess!

Christy Lu said...

Wow, your a MOM! That is awesome. I can't believe it was only a year ago that we were in Juneau. Good luck and I'll see you (and meet little Ellyn Mae) when I get back in the lower 48.

Torrie Young said...

Oh, what a precious cutie. It was great talking to you today. I'm glad things are going well. Hope to see you soon.

Lori Wrankle, Traditional Midwife said...

Thanks for the awesome opportunity you gave me to guide and support you through this wonderful experience! I am always humbled by the journey of natural child birth. Jenni, you became a mother that night and Jarad turned into a daddy! The experience is one I hold deeply and reminds us all to trust birth. You guys are awesome and baby Ellyn is a darling little girl! Congratulations!