Saturday, July 19, 2008

1st Anniversary






It's been awhile and I guess that is life, but I wanted to let everyone know how much fun we had camping with Ellyn at Navajo Lake. We went up there and staked out our spot. We were the only ones camping. We set up the tent, made hamburgers and watched the helicopters come in and fill up to dump on the fires. We had a lakeside spot and it was so peaceful. Ellyn's sleeping bag and she slept through the night for the first time.

We brought a bottle of Martinelli's and drank to all of ou favorite memoires of the last year. We went on a hike to Cascade Falls. It was Ellyn's first hike and I must say she did remarkably well.
We had a great time celebrating our first year of marriage. It was a wonderful year. A lot of people scared us into thinking it would be so hard, but it wasn't really.



4 comments:

hosander said...

maybe you should put her in her sleeping bag at home

JethRobyn said...

I was thinking the same thing Toni said..and where can I get one for Lincoln!! Happy one year!

rockstars said...

I got the sleeping bag at a family auction. It looks smaller than it really is. I just doubled it. You know she has been sleeping through the night ever since and I just think it had something to do with the night air.

Christy Lu said...

Wow, I can't believe it has been a year! It seem like only yesterday that we were all up in Juneau discussing what the next years would bring. I love your blog and it's great to see Ellyn growing up. I'm looking forward to meeting her one of these days.